ViableEdu revolutionizes the virtual learning experience.
ViableEdu Fintech Apprentice Program features a proprietary curriculum designed by BondCliQ and ViableMkts CEO Chris White. The course is a comprehensive study of the mechanics of financial market systems and the role that technology plays in market development. The program is an interactive seminar comprised of individual modules that leverage animated presentation materials and demonstrations to articulate key concepts. Participants in the ViableEdu Fintech Apprentice Program will develop a deeper understanding of why markets work and how technology can be used to modernize and optimize financial market systems. Through this course, students will:
Understand critical market concepts (ex: Liquidity)
Examine the history of financial market evolution
De-construct the key elements that influence market development
Master the mechanics of electronic trading
ViableEdu features small, compact class sizes ensuring personal and individual attention for everyone. Our eight-week program has approximately 8-11 hours of virtual engagement per week. Students will complete tasks on an individual level, including readings and other weekly content assignments.
Skills Development: 1-2 hours
Group/Team Project Work: 1-2 hours
Networking (Coffee Talks): 1 hour
ViableEdu Market Structure and Innovation Classes: 1-2 hours
Demystifying Wall Street
Module is designed to help attendees develop a strong foundation in the basics of
Finance and Wall St.
● Wall Street terminology
● Finance basics
● Market participants, products, and trading
Mechanics of Sales & Trading
Module outlines the roles and responsibilities of key institutions and individual market
participants. Attendees improve their knowledge of market products and sales & trading.
● Different divisions within financial institutions
● Primary and secondary market mechanics
● The basic sequence of trading
Market Structure Mechanics
Module provides a foundation for understanding basic, universal market mechanics.
Attendees learn the key elements that control the evolution of financial markets.
●OTC vs. exchange systems
● Defining liquidity
● Key elements of market structure
Fundamentals of eTrading
Module examines the developmental trends in electronic trading across all financial
markets. Attendees learn best practices for evaluating electronic trading solutions.
● Market structure development
● What trades electronically and why
● Basic electronic trading protocols and mechanics
New Financial Technology
This session outlines the most valuable sources of alternative data and how different
financial institutions are applying this information to gain a competitive advantage.
● Key alternative data sets
● Trends in usage by different market participants
● Big Data concepts
● Future applications
Digital Asset Market Structure
Module is a comprehensive overview of crypto market evolution and an examination of
how Blockchain technology is being applied to financial markets.
● Crypto basics
● Key vendors and solutions
● Blockchain applications (payments and issuance)
Starting a Startup
Learn the process of turning an idea into an early-stage company
● Demystifying Startups
● Example of an Investor Pitch
● Series A process
Mechanics of Innovation
This session presents the ideas articulated in ‘Crossing the Chasm’ by Geoffrey Moore.
● Master the concepts of the technology adoption life-cycle
● Marketing high tech products during the early start up period
● Importance of establishing a beachhead
How to Get a Job in Finance
Students learn the tangible and intangible skills needed to enter into the financial industry.
● Best practices for career development
● Building and leveraging your network
● Increasing your knowledge and experience